You can easily start develop your own Ubiq Mobile applications (or check Ubiq Mobile platform architecture first). To do this, please perform the following steps:
1. Install SDK
2. Create your first Ubiq Mobile application
Now you have two options to proceed: either create application from pre-installed template, or create new Ubiq Mobile application.
2.1. Create Ubiq Mobile application from the pre-installed template
Please follow steps in how to create Ubiq Mobile application from the pre-installed template.
2.2. Create new Ubiq Mobile application
Please follow steps in how to create Ubiq Mobile application from scratch.
3. Run application on your mobile device
To run your newly developed application on the mobile device, perform the following steps:
3.1. Install mobile client
For work with Ubiq Mobile applications from mobile devices, you should install universal client application onto your mobile device. Different versions of Ubiq Mobile client program are either published in the appropriate app stores: Google Play!, Windows Phone Apps + Games Store, or can be downloaded from WAP site for Java ME phones. Check details on client download page.
3.2. Run mobile client
During first run, the client application registers itself in Ubiq Mobile network. For this purpose, it is connecting to special Ubiq Mobile server and receives unique client ID from this server. Without registration, client application cannot work with Ubiq Mobile system, so if the registration process fails due to some reasons, you should make another attempt to register mobile device a little bit later.
3.3. Run your application
For access from the mobile device to the newly developed (and deployed) application, the following parameters should be set in “Settings” window on the client (Fig.1):
- Host – IP address of the cloud where server instance is placed.
- Port (5454 by default) – IP port for connection
- Use Certificate flag – if this flag is ON, the client works with local applications that have been deployed onto the server by Ubiq Mobile SDK. If this flag is OFF, the client works with publicly available applications taken from Ubiq Store
- Certificate ID – value of certificate that must be set if Use Certificate Flag parameter is ON.
Fig. 1. Setting parameters on client mobile device
The correct information about host IP address and certificate ID can be obtained through personal area on our site in Profile section. All necessary credentials for accessing personal area is sending to the developer’s email during SDK registration (Fig.2)
Fig. 2. User profile on Ubiq Mobile site
Now you can continue with advanced programming for Ubiq Mobile